Monday, August 11, 2008

My Hometown

So I made a visit to my hometown over the weekend. It was the annual XIT Rodeo and Reunion. The 72nd annual, to be exact. For those of you that don't know, XIT was a cattle brand for Ten In Texas and was the name of a ranch in the Texas Panhandle that was eventually traded to help rebuild the state capitol building after the first one burned down.
Anyway, it's always a fun-filled weekend and a good reminder of small-town tradition. Lots of classes have reunions and so do families, so it's always a sure bet you'll see many old friends.
I captured some photos and put them in the slideshow below, but there were some events I missed: the watermelon feed, the porkchop dinner, all the crazy barbeque workers and the tractor pull. Not so sorry I missed that last one.
I've never thought of my hometown as "charming" but that word came up in a conversation I was having with the wife of one of my mom's classmates. I think I might have to agree. You be the judge.

Click to play Where I Come From
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: