Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Pioneer Woman and Her Lasagna

So my addiction of the week is a fantastic website called www.thepioneerwoman.com

I have a feeling that it started out as a blog, but the author, Ree, was so terrific, that it grew into a full-blown site. She is everything I dream to be as a blogger: consistent, funny, articulate, interesting. We have a lot in common like cooking and taking pictures and in many cases, taking pictures of what we are cooking. Which leads me to this post.
If you have some time, you should go to Ree's site and look at her post on The Best Lasagna Ever. Then come back.
She motivated me so much, that I had to try it tonight. In doing so, I discovered two things: the lasagna IS delicious and I REALLY need to get better at Photoshop!
If you did go see The Pioneer Woman's amazing post, you are going to think mine is a parody of hers. Just know that I gave it my best shot.
So here we go.

Before:


During:

That's my Mario Batali pot. Thanks, Paul! It's the best.



After:



So, I would encourage you to make this big pan of cheesy deliciousness (you can print the recipe off of Ree's site) and go read about how Ree and her hunky cowboy husband fell in love. But make sure you have plenty of time--you won't want to put your computer down.

No comments: