Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thank You, Sam's

Sam's gave me a gift of yum this week: Individually frozen portions of sliced meat for Philly steak sandwiches.
However, I'm reminded of what I heard Elmo say on the Food Network this week when talking about cake: it's a Sometimes Food.
These sandwiches should also be a Sometimes Food. We've had them twice this week.
That's sometimes, right?
Here's what's been going on in my kitchen.



A little bit of olive oil and salt/pepper.

These can be thrown in with the onions if no one in your house objects. Not the case around here, but no big deal.


You stick them in the heated skillet for 30 seconds (we added low sodium soy sauce and garlic salt) then turn the pieces of meat over. Now the magic begins to happen.

After about two minutes, you just stir the meat apart. Add the onions back in and some of this, if you like a kick.


I don't care what the judges of Chopped say, sometimes you gotta have it.


These are Pepperidge Farm and highly recommended, toasted in the skillet, of course.


A food stylist I am not, but had I known that was an option at Texas Tech in 1991, I might be.
So here's to Sometimes Food that you have every day until you are sick of it.
Go get your yum on.

No comments: