Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fried Pies

I would like to introduce you to the fried deliciousness that gave my favorite cherry long johns a serious run for their money.


On a drive from Dallas to Oklahoma City, I passed several billboards advertising "The Original Fried Pie." Some of you know that my rule on the road is: If you see more than 3 billboards for the same place, it's worth a stop. Well, I missed the exit, so I made sure I didn't miss it the next day, on the way back to Dallas.


It is everything you hope a stop on a roadtrip will be: yummy. Oh, and clean restrooms.

It was obviously a tough decision when it came to selecting a filling, but I chose coconut (oh my mercy) and apricot (terrific). They also fill their 'pies' with breakfast items, pizza fillings, spinach and cheese, etc. You can read more about them at http://www.denosfriedpies.com/dinnerpies.html


I read a quote from Reba (the country singer/actress) recently. She said a friend once told her, "No food tastes as good as thin feels."

I bet that friend hasn't had one of these fried pies.

No comments: